Just a regular 1st saltwater tank

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just sold a whole colony of branching GSP a month ago or som
Do u have pic from old DT, or is everything in transition now with ESHOPPS build?

Heck, I would have gladly paid you to ship me some if zi think it’s doable in my tank

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do u have pic from old DT, or is everything in transition now with ESHOPPS build?

Heck, I would have gladly paid you to ship me some if zi think it’s doable in my tank
It never branched like those pictures... Those look more like he encrusted an Acro stick or something. Mine more "paddled" out and up. When it was open, you couldn't tell it was branching, it just looked like a big ball.

IMG_20231003_175810263.jpg

Colony is 12" by 10" by 6" - rock is about 3" round.

OP
OP
Remi

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just change the aqua scape. Hopefully it will be to my liking. For sure not what I want but didn't plan ahead correctly. Hope I will keep my mind on this one.

Attachments

• 20240227_165528.jpg
    20240227_165528.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 32

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just change the aqua scape. Hopefully it will be to my liking. For sure not what I want but didn't plan ahead correctly. Hope I will keep my mind on this one.
Very similar to mine (just on a smaller scale).

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking aquascape!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remi, i just looked at how you had it before to compare.

I love the subtle changes- the rock tilted on right side is just perfect. Also, more arch/swim throughs on left!

I think you’re good! Sit back and enjoy

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great, it’s really coming along beautifully.

OP
OP
Remi

Remi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after, a complicated 3 months mark for the aquarium with losing the first fish, got 2 corals burnt and one snail, I try to adjust the tank on different aspects. One tailspot died by what it seems a head injury with a rock. Now the other tailspot is swimming more in the open to get food. I learnt season greeting Monti against zoas get burnt, losing a good 80% of it. It is still coloring on the blue light for the 20% remaining. By the way it fall a 2nd time but didn't change thing. A favia against chalice, favia is losing, 50% lost. With blue light it seems it could be a bit less lost, some part seems alive on the lost tissue/bleached part. As both happens at night, I suspect the hermits. I make my DYI coral snow based on sunny x recipe, I will now also add microbacter 7. Also I try to put my parameters in check. My magnesium was low, now it is sitting at 1300 (easy part with red sea over a week). Phosphate is a different story, I tried phosbond but I see very little improvement. I wanted to try chemi pure elite but it was not found at the LFS and got rowa phos instead. I am waiting a small reactor for it. I will have to go slowing by reducing dose and time as I don't want to bottom out. I was missing movement in the tank so I got a branching hammer (orange/copper tone), some firework cloves (maybe for the back of the aqua scape) and a green coral doesn't know the name. I saw on sale an actinic flashlight, the result is nice at night, I could see some color like on nice pics from coral vendors (like the green on tips on the digi). Finally, I receive the barnacles in one piece even though it came from far (US) . Initially I was not a big fan but by seeing it it grows on me. I am on an small ugly phase hopefully it won't last.

20240304_100055.jpg 20240304_095904.jpg 20240304_095841.jpg 20240304_095822.jpg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after, a complicated 3 months mark for the aquarium with losing the first fish, got 2 corals burnt and one snail, I try to adjust the tank on different aspects. One tailspot died by what it seems a head injury with a rock. Now the other tailspot is swimming more in the open to get food. I learnt season greeting Monti against zoas get burnt, losing a good 80% of it. It is still coloring on the blue light for the 20% remaining. By the way it fall a 2nd time but didn't change thing. A favia against chalice, favia is losing, 50% lost. With blue light it seems it could be a bit less lost, some part seems alive on the lost tissue/bleached part. As both happens at night, I suspect the hermits. I make my DYI coral snow based on sunny x recipe, I will now also add microbacter 7. Also I try to put my parameters in check. My magnesium was low, now it is sitting at 1300 (easy part with red sea over a week). Phosphate is a different story, I tried phosbond but I see very little improvement. I wanted to try chemi pure elite but it was not found at the LFS and got rowa phos instead. I am waiting a small reactor for it. I will have to go slowing by reducing dose and time as I don't want to bottom out. I was missing movement in the tank so I got a branching hammer (orange/copper tone), some firework cloves (maybe for the back of the aqua scape) and a green coral doesn't know the name. I saw on sale an actinic flashlight, the result is nice at night, I could see some color like on nice pics from coral vendors (like the green on tips on the digi). Finally, I receive the barnacles in one piece even though it came from far (US) . Initially I was not a big fan but by seeing it it grows on me. I am on an small ugly phase hopefully it won't last.

Love the barnacle- it shipped perfectly. It will look great in DT. Very nice on the new corals; I agree that movement in the tank is wonderful, do relaxing.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Remi, I forgot to add: nice 3- month update. It’s obvious you are diligently monitoring your reef and learning and adjusting as you go.

we both are still in that new, immature tank stage, and lots more of trail and error to come. However, there will be plenty of success too.

Great job!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back