• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Brine shrimp hatcher

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brine shrimp hatchery 10$
+4$ if shipped
-Can come in any color requested (recommended white or black)
-Can make the size increased or decreased based upon needs
-spoon in picture but the strainer can be mesh or your preference
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.52.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.51.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.52.08 AM.png

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow, I just purchased one Friday.
Arrived and setup Monday… difference of 15.00 down the drain lol (25.00 hatchery).

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp hatchery 10$
+4$ if shipped
-Can come in any color requested (recommended white or black)
-Can make the size increased or decreased based upon needs
-spoon in picture but the strainer can be mesh or your preference
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.51.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 10.52.08 AM.png

I was just looking at these. Do you ship to Canada?

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So how does this work? Do you connect a pump to it?
No pump or heat light needed.
Fill hatchery with saltwater, place plastic maze in center. Add brine shrimp eggs around perimeter of water and cover hatchery with the lid.

the design is genius, the bbs (brine) swim to the middle as they are attracted to light this separating the egg sack and the bbs. For 2-3 days, you’ll have constant bbs swimming in the center where you scoop them up with the provided strainer.
I have the original model and love it! This replica should work just as good as long as it hold water.

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No pump or heat light needed.
Fill hatchery with saltwater, place plastic maze in center. Add brine shrimp eggs around perimeter of water and cover hatchery with the lid.

the design is genius, the bbs (brine) swim to the middle as they are attracted to light this separating the egg sack and the bbs. For 2-3 days, you’ll have constant bbs swimming in the center where you scoop them up with the provided strainer.
I have the original model and love it! This replica should work just as good as long as it hold water.
Thank you!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to comment that I recently purchased one of these from @Perthegallon and it works great and I received it fairly quickly. Unfortunately the filter spoon handle broke in transit (the package must've been under a heavier one). He said he would send another one but I was able to glue it back together with super glue. The size makes it so it can be placed anywhere. When you're ready to use them just make sure you either keep (or put) it under a light so the nauplii are drawn to the center hole for harvesting.

Note: Brine Shrimp need warmer temps to hatch in 24hrs. I keep my house cooler (72 degrees) so they hatch within 48 to 72 hrs instead of 24. If you need a constant supply of bbs then you either have to remove the shrimp you don't use into another container so you can start another batch or buy a couple of these to keep them in rotation.

OP
OP
Perthegallon

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just wanted to comment that I recently purchased one of these from @Perthegallon and it works great and I received it fairly quickly. Unfortunately the filter spoon handle broke in transit (the package must've been under a heavier one). He said he would send another one but I was able to glue it back together with super glue. The size makes it so it can be placed anywhere. When you're ready to use them just make sure you either keep (or put) it under a light so the nauplii are drawn to the center hole for harvesting.

Note: Brine Shrimp need warmer temps to hatch in 24hrs. I keep my house cooler (72 degrees) so they hatch within 48 to 72 hrs instead of 24. If you need a constant supply of bbs then you either have to remove the shrimp you don't use into another container so you can start another batch or buy a couple of these to keep them in rotation.
Thank you very much!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back