Bringing Macroalgae from the US into Canada?

flakbait

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2023
Messages
22
Reaction score
5
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if you can bring macroalgae bought from the US into Canada. I've done a little bit of searching but haven't really found
any definitive answer to my question. I am not expecting to be able to but I want to be hopeful.
With that being said is it possible to declare it and get it through the border if its just for personal use?

Thanks again.
 
They wouldn’t let me bring a banana through the border so I’d guess no.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 1
Hey guys,

I'm wondering if you can bring macroalgae bought from the US into Canada. I've done a little bit of searching but haven't really found
any definitive answer to my question. I am not expecting to be able to but I want to be hopeful.
With that being said is it possible to declare it and get it through the border if its just for personal use?

Thanks again.
I'd be tempted to have it in a bag and declare it at the border.

If they don't like, they'll confiscate and destroy it, but they won't penalise you as long as you're honest about it.
It'll be up to the CBSA officer
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new