• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bringing prices back to earth

mike321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
torches available
2 heads holy grail-$50 each
3 1/2 heads of dragon soul-$50 each
2 heads of Aussie gold-$50 each
Not shipping at this time as I’m sure this should sell quick. Posted on local forums also.

Hey, you got any more torches??
I can pick up, I live in New York.

OP
OP
B

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to thank everyone for there interest whether good or bad. Wish I had more to let go so I could satisfy everyone’s taste.
The point of this post/sale was not about the money. It was more of trying to bring us all together as a family/community. To stop relying and paying these outrageous prices from rip off hobbyists and vendors. Hopefully others will take heed and this thread can continue possibly with others offering up awesome deals also.
I’m this time and age it’s hard to trust people and take them for there word. But the next ones I don’t plan on selling but doing a don’t break the chain type of thing. I’ll choose 3 people and will send some to each one with the hope and pray that they pay it forward to others on our list. And go forward from there. Maybe we could find 12 people to do the same then once a month we all send our frag to the person turn that month. So for someone they will have Christmas once a month. I’ll have to find out if we can do this through our moderators.
Just trying to bring fun back into the hobby and stop relying on high priced hobbyist and vendors. Let’s do this people.
Happy holidays everyone. God bless. Be well. Have fun. Happy reefing

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@robjrussell ...Dude, you are a party animal! Why would I say that? Based on what you have in your hands on your avatar. I brought mine back from Germany with me. They are great for entertaining! :D:D

twpilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty cool b-ridge!! I like it !!! yep there are a lot of high priced corals out there and everyone trying to make a buck some good some bad. But we all started in the same place ..wanting to have a reef tank and not knowing anything..... pay it forward and keep it fun:)

here are a lot of

Jose H

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add me to waiting list. I’ll take frags of all of if possible.

iiskevinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I just found this post. This is awesome what you are doing! I was wondering if you have any ready? I’m in nyc thanks!

mraysberg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I was wondering if anything is available? I know this is an old post

Fish4udog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need more people like b-ridge keeping the hobby going not price gouging like the $300 a head torches everyone else is asking for

Urbanknight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Much respect and admiration to @B-ridge for his attitude and attempt to make the hobby affordable for others! You rock the house dude! Let's pay it forward!

reeffreak911

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bronx_Discuss
Thanks brother. I appreciate it. Hope he enjoys them as much as I do. And I hope we don’t see them listed up here next week for double or triple what he’s paying
Just tired of hobbyist and vendors marking up these prices. In all reality it is OUR fault. They can only sell them for what we are willing to pay. If us hobbyist would stick together like we used to as little as 5 years ago prices wouldn’t be so outrageous. They can’t sell if we don’t buy at there prices. What happens next is they have to lower prices. But people have to have the “it” thing. Or the new “hot” coral and vendors take advantage of it. Then hobbyist buy up. Not for the love of the hobby but to make a quick buck.
I will continue to grow out my corals. Torches. Acans. Scolys. Zoas. Hammers. Octospawn. Etc etc. and I will continue to buy when I see a fair price. I will also continue to sell cheap or give away hoping the people who buy or get these corals do the same. We don’t have to pay or rely on these outrageous hobbyist and vendors who are out to make a quick buck. We have each other. May take a little longer but the more people hop on board and grow out the better we all will be.
I’ve said enough. God bless and enjoy your holidays everyone
Unfortunately if he/she is buying all of them I can almost guarantee that it's for re sale at a much higher price the better option would have been to sell one per buyer to spread the coral out

Jay York

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to thank everyone for there interest whether good or bad. Wish I had more to let go so I could satisfy everyone’s taste.
The point of this post/sale was not about the money. It was more of trying to bring us all together as a family/community. To stop relying and paying these outrageous prices from rip off hobbyists and vendors. Hopefully others will take heed and this thread can continue possibly with others offering up awesome deals also.
I’m this time and age it’s hard to trust people and take them for there word. But the next ones I don’t plan on selling but doing a don’t break the chain type of thing. I’ll choose 3 people and will send some to each one with the hope and pray that they pay it forward to others on our list. And go forward from there. Maybe we could find 12 people to do the same then once a month we all send our frag to the person turn that month. So for someone they will have Christmas once a month. I’ll have to find out if we can do this through our moderators.
Just trying to bring fun back into the hobby and stop relying on high priced hobbyist and vendors. Let’s do this people.

This is a great idea! Would love to do this.

Poseidon03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an amazing idea! I completely agree with paying it forward. We could even send easier frags to a newer hobiest one month to help them get started up.

OP
OP
B

B-ridge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C5A29F40-0BA9-4D5B-B854-26B6ED7A0257.jpeg
515E3B61-5A66-42BB-9580-AC3AD74304E8.jpeg
85589D41-6BFA-43B1-A239-86DC6EFEF9C0.jpeg
0C798324-9A77-4D94-83E1-7C30BDEB03C5.jpeg
I would like to thank everyone for the kind words and comments. Unfortunately I lost a majority of my torches do to a alkalinity rise. It was my own fault. I was chasing numbers. I accidentally dosed alkalinity instead of calcium. This raised my alk from 7.2 to 11.2 overnight. Slowly but surely one by one they died. I reached out to a couple people who I sold to. They wanted to charge me 10 times what I charged them. Lesson learned. I’ll be back up and running very soon with more corals since I lost the majority of what I did have.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back