Briopsis eating CUC! Feeling lucky!

  • Thread starter Thread starter JTP424
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JTP424

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
2,790
Reaction score
3,239
Location
US
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So apparently I have either lucked out with my CUC, or I'm starving them enough they're so hungry they'll eat anything...
I had a small frag tank I was growing out... It got taken over by Briopsis. Attempted to clean, run Hydrogen Peroxide, Magnesium high etc.... nothing worked and I had to basically shut down the tank...
Moved the corals I hoped to save onto a frag rack in my main tank and after a day or two... one of the plugs was completely clean of everything nasty. A few days later another...
Kept a close eye on things... My halloween hermit, and blue knuckle hermit and all my other inverts DEVOUR everything but the coral on the frags... I'm been setting a new frag every couple of days in the sand bed and they clean the thing down to the plug... it's amazing!!!
 
I've heard that peroxide treatments and algaecide treatments make bryopsis softer and more palatable for more cuc
Ah, so it's been properly seasoned for them :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new