Bristle worm ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Finatic
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Finatic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Port Charlotte, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I just found this bristle worm in my 1 month old fluval evo. I found him wiggling around In the chaeto I have growing in my intake chamber. Pulled him out to get a better look and decide whether or not I want to keep it. I understand that common bristle worms can be beneficial and other types can be a nightmare, so I wanted to get some opinions before either killing it or putting it back in the tank. If it’s going to get massive, then I may not want it, because this is only a 13.5 gallon tank. I suppose I could put him in my bigger 32.5, but I don’t know. Is this just a common bristle worm, or potentially something more sinister? What do you all think? Kill it or keep it?
 
Hey all! I just found this bristle worm in my 1 month old fluval evo. I found him wiggling around In the chaeto I have growing in my intake chamber. Pulled him out to get a better look and decide whether or not I want to keep it. I understand that common bristle worms can be beneficial and other types can be a nightmare, so I wanted to get some opinions before either killing it or putting it back in the tank. If it’s going to get massive, then I may not want it, because this is only a 13.5 gallon tank. I suppose I could put him in my bigger 32.5, but I don’t know. Is this just a common bristle worm, or potentially something more sinister? What do you all think? Kill it or keep it?
Pictures?
 
Hey all! I just found this bristle worm in my 1 month old fluval evo. I found him wiggling around In the chaeto I have growing in my intake chamber. Pulled him out to get a better look and decide whether or not I want to keep it. I understand that common bristle worms can be beneficial and other types can be a nightmare, so I wanted to get some opinions before either killing it or putting it back in the tank. If it’s going to get massive, then I may not want it, because this is only a 13.5 gallon tank. I suppose I could put him in my bigger 32.5, but I don’t know. Is this just a common bristle worm, or potentially something more sinister? What do you all think? Kill it or keep it?
 
Pictures?
IMG_4082.jpeg
 
Looks like a normal bristle worm i personally discard them as i have my kids and wife and myself feed the tank and fish but they are a good cuc. It would be a personal decision at this point.
 
Looks like a normal bristle worm i personally discard them as i have my kids and wife and myself feed the tank and fish but they are a good cuc. It would be a personal decision at this point.
Cool, I think I’ll probably leave him for now. Planning on getting a Pom Pom crab soon, so he’ll probably wind up being free food. Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new