Bristle worm or Godzilla?

Is this a giant bristle worm or am I dealing with something else?
Just a bristle worm.

I have them in the main display - every now and then I thin them out when changing a rock or one looks extraordinarily large - but they are a good clean up crew (to my heavy feeding). I've never seen them bother anything in all the years I've been keeping marine fish.

An LFS actually sell them - believe it or not - based on people wanting them for CUC.
See I knew it!! It’s what are the angle! These suckers know how to hide! I mean look at the lochness monster! He’s been hiding for almost a century!!! 🤣
Nessi! Check out my avatar. That's Nessi having a swim in my bath tub. I keep trying to get a better picture, yet the moment the camera comes out, dips beneath the bubbles.
 
Just a bristle worm.

I have them in the main display - every now and then I thin them out when changing a rock or one looks extraordinarily large - but they are a good clean up crew (to my heavy feeding). I've never seen them bother anything in all the years I've been keeping marine fish.

An LFS actually sell them - believe it or not - based on people wanting them for CUC.

Nessi! Check out my avatar. That's Nessi having a swim in my bath tub. I keep trying to get a better picture, yet the moment the camera comes out, dips beneath the bubbles.


YES! Best cuc ever is you ask me! And this is the first I hear of bristles being sold by an LFS!! Hahaha!
 
Yeah. I’m not thinking a bristle worm killed anything. This one was just so much bigger than normal and had a body bigger than than the bristles.

My primary suspect is the clownfish killing it and the CuC cleaning things up.

My brothers two Darwin Blacks killed his flame, they where a breeding pair. They even took out a good sized hammer trying to host it. Clowns can be crazy for their size.
 
Did it look like this?
1767399215920.jpeg
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new