Bristle worm stings!??

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2022
Messages
1,832
Reaction score
1,929
Location
Lafayette Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short I converted a frag tank over ran with pandoras into an anemone tank. After removing what frags I wanted to keep, I realized the next day I had multiple bristle worm pokeys and sore spots. It is now 2 weeks later and pretty much every spot is super dry and peeling. Is this normal??
 
Long story short I converted a frag tank over ran with pandoras into an anemone tank. After removing what frags I wanted to keep, I realized the next day I had multiple bristle worm pokeys and sore spots. It is now 2 weeks later and pretty much every spot is super dry and peeling. Is this normal??
make sure to remove any bristles with tweezers wash soap and water and add some kind of cortizone cream

If it doesnt improve may need a doc for antibiotics
 
Long story short I converted a frag tank over ran with pandoras into an anemone tank. After removing what frags I wanted to keep, I realized the next day I had multiple bristle worm pokeys and sore spots. It is now 2 weeks later and pretty much every spot is super dry and peeling. Is this normal??
This happened to me two months ago, use tweezers to remove ALL the pokeys. Any small ones that are too hard to get out using a tweezer, use duct tape.

Then apply neosporin or bacitracin and apply a bandage. It should heal in a week or two, if not I suggest you see a doctor.
 
make sure to remove any bristles with tweezers wash soap and water and add some kind of cortizone cream

If it doesnt improve may need a doc for antibiotics
Its all healed up and no longer painful. I honestly thought it was micro cuts from the sharp edges of the live rock I replaced the racks with. Wasn’t until like 4 days later it dawned on me what caused the little spots! I’m just curious if it’s just me that has the skin around the jabs to become dry and begin peeling.
 
Its all healed up and no longer painful. I honestly thought it was micro cuts from the sharp edges of the live rock I replaced the racks with. Wasn’t until like 4 days later it dawned on me what caused the little spots! I’m just curious if it’s just me that has the skin around the jabs to become dry and begin peeling.
Might need a doc unsure at this point it has been two weeks since it happened thats a long time in my mind
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new