Bristle worm ?

Sgolden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doing some cleanup. Discovered in the sock. About 3" stretched out.

20180408_135626.jpg

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do help with tank clean-up. I've had them over 6" in some of my tanks. I used to get rid of them as they can give a nasty sting, but now days I actually pull them out of filtration section when I find them and drop them in the tank. I've found if I handle them very gently they don't sting as a defense.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep them but don't touch them. It can be very irritating if you do touch them. I actually added one to my new tank when it was cycling just to have one in there. I have seen a couple since. They will come and go with the amount you feed. If you over feed, you will have more.

OP
OP
S

Sgolden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It went back in. Rubber gloves. I was bare feet, the cat grazed up against me and I nearly hit the ceiling. The thought of touching that thing gave me the willy. I don't scare easily, but that thing looks nasty.

ReefKeeperElite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It went back in. Rubber gloves. I was bare feet, the cat grazed up against me and I nearly hit the ceiling. The thought of touching that thing gave me the willy. I don't scare easily, but that thing looks nasty.

I found a good six incher crawling around today, hanging out with the conch..
92f92b4a92017e9b256ab097eec4301b.jpg

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should post this pic. All of these went down the drain but it was only a speck of what was in my old tank.

Bristle1.jpg

And that is a standard Solo cup

;);)

ABopp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should post this pic. All of these went down the drain but it was only a speck of what was in my old tank.

Bristle1.jpg

And that is a standard Solo cup

;);)

;Jawdrop:eek:;Yuck

It's post's like this that give me the heebie-jeebies and chills down my spine...and remind me how lucky I am to be in the cycling/figuring it out phase. lol no rush here! (Secretly looking forward to fun times to come but I totally think everything has sharp teeth and can move faster than I can)

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
;Jawdrop:eek:;Yuck

It's post's like this that give me the heebie-jeebies and chills down my spine...and remind me how lucky I am to be in the cycling/figuring it out phase. lol no rush here! (Secretly looking forward to fun times to come but I totally think everything has sharp teeth and can move faster than I can)

Search the site for the post about a guy that got his eye bit by a clown fish while leaning over his tank.... ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back