Bristletooth Tang spots

  • Thread starter Thread starter WahooTJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None


Was able to get white light video

I don't see any evidence of velvet in the clownfish....

can you get a video of the gramma?
 
Update: The Fancy Clown can’t be located, so I’m assuming it’s gone. Still no sign of the Gramma either, and unfortunately I’m assuming the worst there also.

I was able to get some Copper Power and set up my hospital tank. This morning I managed to catch the Black Storm, though it wasn’t much of a challenge since he was already doing poorly. I moved him into the hospital tank, but he passed within the hour. That one stings a bit—he was my very first fish when I got into the hobby back in January.

The Whitetail Bristletooth was hanging near the bottom of the tank this morning as well. I almost got it with a net, which tells me it’s not doing well either. I’m fairly certain this fish was the culprit. Really sucks as I purchased pre quarantined.

I’ve started noticing spots on both the Cryptic Wrasse and the Tomini Tang. The Lawnmower Blenny has also been acting erratically.

So far, the three Chromis seem to be doing the best, despite showing some mildly labored breathing. Go figure. They spend a lot of time visiting the cleaner shrimp.

The Fiji Ghost Goby also appears to be doing okay and is still grazing, but with its white coloration it’s hard to tell whether it’s affected as well.
 
Update: The Fancy Clown can’t be located, so I’m assuming it’s gone. Still no sign of the Gramma either, and unfortunately I’m assuming the worst there also.

I was able to get some Copper Power and set up my hospital tank. This morning I managed to catch the Black Storm, though it wasn’t much of a challenge since he was already doing poorly. I moved him into the hospital tank, but he passed within the hour. That one stings a bit—he was my very first fish when I got into the hobby back in January.

The Whitetail Bristletooth was hanging near the bottom of the tank this morning as well. I almost got it with a net, which tells me it’s not doing well either. I’m fairly certain this fish was the culprit. Really sucks as I purchased pre quarantined.

I’ve started noticing spots on both the Cryptic Wrasse and the Tomini Tang. The Lawnmower Blenny has also been acting erratically.

So far, the three Chromis seem to be doing the best, despite showing some mildly labored breathing. Go figure. They spend a lot of time visiting the cleaner shrimp.

The Fiji Ghost Goby also appears to be doing okay and is still grazing, but with its white coloration it’s hard to tell whether it’s affected as well.

Sorry to hear. Sounds like a good plan going forward.
 
Update: down to 2 chromis, a lawnmower, and cryptic wrasse. Tank was fishless on the 23rd. Wrasse the last to catch. The chromis and lawnmower will complete copper treatment early next week. Plan to leave the tank fishless for at least 2-3 months. Coral all look fantastic. P04 and N03 have been hard to keep present. I am supplementing reef roids and target feeding. Also daily removal of GHA. That tells me nutrients are at least present. Appreciate everyone's insightful responses. Cheers to the weekend!
 
Sorry to hear about this. Any update?. How did remaining fish end up?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new