Bristleworm spiked my fish

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jxw6963
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jxw6963

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
17
Location
Fremont, ca
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up this morning and found my Midas Blenny in a weird spot sitting on a rock. Then noticed he was covered in bristles on his one side.

Anything I should/ can do?

20260513_075656.jpg
 
I just fed the tank and looks like he is still eating and swimming when he needs to
 
Yea, I actually just got done moving my tank to a new house this week and should have taken him out. Never had an issue before with him in there
 
Yea, I actually just got done moving my tank to a new house this week and should have taken him out. Never had an issue before with him in there
i meant to catch the worms and remove them from the tank.
 
The bristles typically fall out and the fish heals on its own, but I would watch to see if it gets any worse. If you have any concerns, the R2R #fishmedic team may be able to help.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new