Brittle/ serpent star ID?

daikaijureefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 4, 2025
Messages
149
Reaction score
119
Location
Atlanta, GA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy when moving a rock today. About 3-4” across. Hoping someone can help me ID the correct species. Thanks!
IMG_3494.jpeg
 
There are so many special that it can be very difficult to identify, I’d consider it reef safe if that’s your main concern
 
There are so many special that it can be very difficult to identify, I’d consider it reef safe if that’s your main concern
Wasn’t really concerned about it. Was just hoping for an ID. I’ve tried searching through images online and can’t find any matches.
 
If you got live rock for the tank you can sometimes search local sea life guides from the area the rock was originally harvested from.
There are likely 100s if not more different types.

https://m.reefguide.org/browse/spec...supercat=Invertebrates&category=Brittle+Stars
I got live rock from marcorocks, so the "Florida keys" area. though I also grabbed a couple of pieces of live rock from my lfs when I was first starting up, so it's hard to say it came from a particular source. I had several smaller brittle stars come in on a coral frag once too.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new