Brittle starfish help?

Hotch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is the right thread, but i just bought a brittle starfish, and have a concern about it possibly eating my hermit crabs.

OP
OP
H

Hotch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never even knew that was a concern. Is there something I need to know about?
Ive heard that some brittles can be that way, and i know green brittles are very aggressive hunters and will eat anything they can get hold of, and i just wanted to ask y'all, because this place has been awesome for knowledge. You guys know your shyte, and i appreciate y'all.

Little c big D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive heard that some brittles can be that way, and i know green brittles are very aggressive hunters and will eat anything they can get hold of, and i just wanted to ask y'all, because this place has been awesome for knowledge. You guys know your shyte, and i appreciate y'all.
You taught me something lol. I would have never questioned a brittle star with a hermit crab!

markwayts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry
You taught me something lol. I would have never questioned a brittle star with a hermit crab!
Not sure if this is the right thread, but i just bought a brittle starfish, and have a concern about it possibly eating my hermit crabs.
No. I've had a bunch of brittles. One in my tank now is 14 or so inches across. They are scavengers and opportunistic feeders. If they eat your crab or a fish it was already dead.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brittle start fishes can eat snails/crabs if they are not fed regularly. They are not just scavengers.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back