OP
OP
shelby86

shelby86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive never seen one do that..is it feeding on detritus on the sand? Very cool to watch!
I don't know what he is doing. It's about the 3rd time I've seen him do it. My tank has been up about 2 to 3 months, how long does it take for detritus to grow?

Eaj1001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what he is doing. It's about the 3rd time I've seen him do it. My tank has been up about 2 to 3 months, how long does it take for detritus to grow?
Detritus is a nice way of saying fish and invert waste..what most worms and inverts feed on as part of their normal food intake.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh he's a beauty!. yup hungry and looking for food. maybe give him a snack too. it could be a normal species behavior IMO or not enough food in the tank yet. And who doesnt like snacks?

OP
OP
shelby86

shelby86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Detritus is a nice way of saying fish and invert waste..what most worms and inverts feed on as part of their normal food intake.
Oh lol. There is lots of poop in the tank I tend to feed more than I should but they eat all that I feed.

Just thought I would share my brittle starfish carrying sand up his arms.

OP
OP
shelby86

shelby86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh he's a beauty!. yup hungry and looking for food. maybe give him a snack too. it could be a normal species behavior IMO or not enough food in the tank yet. And who doesnt like snacks?
He goes crazy when I feed the corals reefroids. I wonder if that would be a good snack. I know my shrimp love it

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He goes crazy when I feed the corals reefroids. I wonder if that would be a good snack. I know my shrimp love it
I used to hand feed my black brittle silversides. My new one prefers smaller food like froz brine shrimp and oyster mush.

Back