OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all stories end in sadness. Took this opportunity to upgrade and although I don't love corner overflows I think it takes up a lot less space than in a 90G. I loved this 150 with a corner overflow and couldn't pass up on it for the price

IMG_2106.JPG

Monkichi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all stories end in sadness. Took this opportunity to upgrade and although I don't love corner overflows I think it takes up a lot less space than in a 90G. I loved this 150 with a corner overflow and couldn't pass up on it for the price

IMG_2106.JPG
Woohoo! Congrats!

OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice upgrade!! Now lets see the build. What are you using for the sump?
Waiting for some more Black Friday deals until I make a sump purchase but I really like the reef Synergy and Trigger sumps.Im going to use the return as an emergency and then run a return over the back. Shutting off the over flow with ball valves while I cycle in the meantime.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting for some more Black Friday deals until I make a sump purchase but I really like the reef Synergy and Trigger sumps.Im going to use the return as an emergency and then run a return over the back. Shutting off the over flow with ball valves while I cycle in the meantime.

Nice. That's what I did on mine, turned the returns into emergencies and return line up and over the middle.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at your build thread last night and partially where I got the idea from!

Well, thank you. I think it's a good safety measure to have. Probably never need it, but in this hobby, you just never know. :)

Monkichi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, thank you. I think it's a good safety measure to have. Probably never need it, but in this hobby, you just never know. :)

Good idea. I did the same; the returns are emergency overflows and ran the actual return up and over the back. Next best thing to a custom...

OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured since I started a build thread I might as well carry through detailing my build. I had built out a stand for a 75g before it cracked so I needed something with a 48' footprint. Here's the stand I made about a month ago with a tv stand and some cabinets lying around. Also the original Aquascape for my 75g. Since then the cabinets have been paneled over and cabinets installed. I'll update the thread with my paneled stand when it gets light out tomorrow.

IMG_2082.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

OP
OP
Tallison

Tallison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the revised aquascape for the new 150g. I've had 50 lbs of pukani curing for the past couple of months for my 75. My goal was to get the necessary height with what I had with the plan on building out the island (skull island) on the left and filling in on the right with live rock.

IMG_2113.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%

Back