Broken Protein Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter zimmertr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zimmertr

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 26, 2012
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up a lightly used RO-BS-1000int skimmer and, with my luck, knocked it over as soon as I got it home and broke the motor from the actual sump. Do you guys think there is any hope in fixing it? Perhaps some Weld On #16 or JB Weld or something? I have no idea.. I've never done anything like this.


Photo Album - Imgur
 
What if I just filed down both sides and made them even and then used weld on? Or perhaps put something between the two?
 
What if I just filed down both sides and made them even and then used weld on? Or perhaps put something between the two?

No, it'll never be as good as the break he has, assuming it is two pieces, not shattered... Just clean and apply the jb

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD
 
I applied the weld-on 16 and it's been curing for a few days. Should be good to go, hopefully. I don't have a sump set up right now so I can't test it though.
 
I applied the weld-on 16 and it's been curing for a few days. Should be good to go, hopefully. I don't have a sump set up right now so I can't test it though.

I've tested/cleaned skimmers using my camping cooler.
I also have several plastic storage containers I've bought over the years for Lowes and Home Depot, sometimes for less than $15.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new