Broken Shell

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7hogwarts
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

7hogwarts

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
522
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Maxima that the shell broke somehow. It is towards the connection point. This happened about a month and a half ago. The clam seems happy, the mantle fully extends. It looks fine In every other way. Should I be concerned? Should I try glueing the broken piece back? I'm afraid if I do glue it, I may damage the foot. My gut feeling says leave it alone. Any thoughts?
 
Any way to get a pic? You don't have a secret mantis in there, do ya? Is this a small clam? As far as I know they can't repair their shells.
 
If there is a secret mantis I have never seen it. And the clam does seem to be doing good otherwise. The clam is about 5". I have no idea why it broke.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new