Brook on Molly converted to SW??

MamaP

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
347
Reaction score
524
Location
Tampa, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a few black mollies to be my canary fish to verify Ich has been eliminated from my DT. Converted them to SW and they're in their own QT. Could they be susceptible to Brook? See pix attached. Does this look like Brook? Only one of them looks like this. Started treating GC in water and in food with Focus today once I saw this and a long, stringy, white poop in their tank. If this is Brook, will the GC in water and food kill it?
IMG_20191012_131842009.jpg
IMG_20191012_132935599.jpg
IMG_20191012_132612480.jpg
 
Could be brook, but they are also prone to fungal infections that sometimes carry over from being in FW. How long have they been in your tank?
 
Only the one.

I'd let it ride for now. They should all hit for brook if it is present in the water. And let the white stringy poop go for right now as well. I've noticed with mollies it sometimes goes away on it's own after a week or two in SW. Either the SW is causing intestinal irritation or it finally kills the freshwater worms living inside their intestines.
 
I'd let it ride for now. They should all hit for brook if it is present in the water. And let the white stringy poop go for right now as well. I've noticed with mollies it sometimes goes away on it's own after a week or two in SW. Either the SW is causing intestinal irritation or it finally kills the freshwater worms living inside their intestines.
So should I not continue the GC then?
 
So should I not continue the GC then?

Discontinue that for now. While you're waiting to see if the other black mollies hit for Brook, see if the white stringy poop persists or goes away on it's own.
 
Discontinue that for now. While you're waiting to see if the other black mollies hit for Brook, see if the white stringy poop persists or goes away on it's own.
Ok. Thank you so much for all your advice! I appreciate it!;Cat
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new