Brooklynella?

ReefHog10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Short story is a have a 10 gallon nano with a few corals that I’ve had a singular clown fish in for several months (bought at petco - no QT) and has been very healthy. Last week, I made an impulse buy of a juvenile orange storm clownfish to put with her (also from petco and no QT). Knowing that was a risk, but willing to give it a try. My question is, the original fish developed what appeared to be Brook just over the last several days and died overnight (new fish appears well thus far). I guess I’m just curious, is it possible to have an asymptomatic carrier of Brook that I brought in with the new fish or did it lay dormant in my original clown until maybe it got a little stressed with the new addition? (I don’t have a QT protocol or tank for this little nano, but obviously want to be careful if this other little fish survives and I choose to try to add again in the future). Thanks for the input!

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures will be helpful in determining if this was brook or not.
As with any fish disease, fish are the main carriers and any new addition that hasn’t been quarantined is at risk of bringing infection into the tank. Typically the new fish would show symptoms first, but this isn’t always the case. If in fact brook did get in the tank, the remaining fish will soon contract it too if not treated. The tank would have to remain fallow for 6 weeks (or longer).

Back