Brown algae problem

chinta99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2021
Messages
16
Reaction score
9
Location
Rocklin
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m new to this hobby , my tank is roughly 3 months old, besides having a big bacteria spike due to me over feeding *which I fixed with a HOB aquamaxx1.5 skimmer to assist my Fluval filter*, I haven’t had any other problems with the tank until now. 2 weeks ago I started noticing possibly brown algae all over my tank, I tried changing the bio filter , as well as getting a orange spotted goby , sea hare and 2 fighting conchs to solve the issue but I’ve had no luck , the conchs do a decent job of cleaning it off the sand but the glass and rocks remain affected by it . Does anyone recognize this and has any solutions to get rid of it ? Or is this something I’m going to have to wait out ?.. thanks in advance !

5A3DB008-4777-44FB-9E70-5C6FFB114739.jpeg 8D932D0F-B967-4049-8F51-6FD3AD2947FE.jpeg
 
It kinda looks like dinos. Does it bubble towards the end of your light cycle? Do you see any small bubbles at the sand bed? The goby is turning about 80% of the rock in the tank daily. If they are dinos they just wind up elsewhere. I had to fight a 1 month battle and gave in and bought dynox. By far the best thing I've ever spent money on.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new