Brown Diatoms with no Phosphates?

Box test. I also have 15 nitrates. I do currently dose Seachem Phytoplankton.
Hey, just stumble across your thread here. It appears you have dino. Cyano under a microscope looks like long tubes and diatoms are different shapes but mostly shorter stick shapes. This picture looks like dino. Do they zoom around and move under the microscope? Also yes high nutrients can also have dinos. There are a few strands and treatments but all include increasing your biodiversity. Shoot over to the dino thread and put the picture up and a video and they will see you threw till the end. I just dealt with it myself
 
Update: long stringy brown strands are now turning green? Also there is more green spots on my rocks now. Another thing, I'm starting to see red spit's on my rocks as well? I have a microscope and will be looking at it in a few.
 
Update: long stringy brown strands are now turning green? Also there is more green spots on my rocks now. Another thing, I'm starting to see red spit's on my rocks as well? I have a microscope and will be looking at it in a few.
It's been a long time since an update, did the algae get you too?
 
It's been a long time since an update, did the algae get you too?

Kasey has not been on in 7 months, so likely will not answer.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new