Brown growths on gorg

  • Thread starter Thread starter rostalee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rostalee

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 5, 2022
Messages
24
Reaction score
8
Location
medowie
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are all these brown growths on my Gorgonian?

99A20489-E418-4B21-B510-B3C64D6A9DE8.jpeg
 
I wish I could tell you what that is, but I don't know. I see it when we snorkel in the Florida Keys.
I would say your gorgonian is in crisis and I'd consider pulling it out and doing some surgery to try and save it.
 
I wish I could tell you what that is, but I don't know. I see it when we snorkel in the Florida Keys.
I would say your gorgonian is in crisis and I'd consider pulling it out and doing some surgery to try and save it.
How far back would you cut it?
 
How far back would you cut it?
Yes I bought a few online and they arrived in trouble and have struggled the whole time. While one has grown and I’ve even fraged it to make enough room this one and another have never recovered. I’m not really sure what to do. I’m feeding twice a day. I’ve tried different flow and different light. It’s a new tank but I’ve added loads of copepods as well. Parameters are ok.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new