Brown Jelly Disease

Reef keeper

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2011
Messages
949
Reaction score
83
Location
Earth
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,
So I went and looked at my frag tank today and my lobo got too close to my torches and I beleive injured them resulting in brown jelly.
I figured I would document it and see if this can help anyone else who comes into contact with this nasty disease.
So brown jelly has a number of causes, the approach I did was pulled the infected colony out and cut the severely affected polyps off and threw them out. Then I dipped the colony in coral revive. Brown jelly is basically RTN for lps. It can spread too other colonies fast. So I checked all other colonies for any tissue recession or brown jelly.
This is the effected colony.
Will update in a little with my findings. Happy feeding everyone!

C862C659-C0CC-427E-B8DF-164579943ABF.jpeg
 
Glad you caught it. Hoping the best for recovery!
 
Yes, colony is recovering great. Infected heads where cut off and thrown away, the remaining heads where in quarentine for about a month and I just re added them back to the frag tank.
 
So it looks like any euphyllia that’s near this one torch colony, seems to get brown jelly. It does look like the torch is stinging the other euphyllia. I’ve never had an issue keeping all euphyllias together until this torch. Anyone else have this issue ever?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new