Brown jelly question

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just removed a frag of Duncan coral that had about 3-4 heads out of 10-12 total infected with what I think was brown jelly disease. I found it laying infected side down on egg crate, so I’m assuming that’s why this happened. No other coral is showing any signs and are all fully open. Did I dodge a bullet or is it still lurking in the tank? Any help is great I’ve never dealt with this before

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always treat with something like Reef Shot Primer before reintroducing into the tank (if that was the plan). Probably? Just continue to keep a close eye on things.

OP
OP
cww81

cww81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always treat with something like Reef Shot Primer before reintroducing into the tank (if that was the plan). Probably? Just continue to keep a close eye on things.
I’ll definitely look into that and keep a close eye on the tank. I just ended up removing the whole frag due to fears from what I’ve read on here about it wiping out a tank if not 100% removed. Sad to sacrifice a coral but glad it was one of the cheapest I have. Bitter sweet I suppose.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll definitely look into that and keep a close eye on the tank. I just ended up removing the whole frag due to fears from what I’ve read on here about it wiping out a tank if not 100% removed. Sad to sacrifice a coral but glad it was one of the cheapest I have. Bitter sweet I suppose.
Look into Reef Primer for the future. I used it to treat BJD in a hammer and within 5 minutes the coral was ready to reintroduce to the tank (coral has since made a full recovery).

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back