Brown Jelly?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Virtua
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Virtua

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2023
Messages
29
Reaction score
9
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want initial thoughts on this. Does it look like Brown Jelly? I will provide parameters soon after I do my round of tests.

I came home from work and one of my torches half closed up. I siphoned this off of the flesh and it looks like brown jelly to me.


IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg
IMG_2763.jpg
 
Here is an update after my tests. Included last weeks results incase that is helpful.

2/16
- Salinity : 1.025
- NO3 : 50
- PO4 : 0
- CA : 430
- ALK : 7.7
- MG : 1440

2/23
- Salinity : 1.024
- NO3 : 40 - 50
- PO4 : 0
- CA : 420
- ALK : 6.7 - 7.0
- MG : 1230

Just did a 5 gallon water change as well and I will probably retest in the morning. The tank is a Fluval 13.5.
 
The coral is continuing to degrade after multiple Lugol's dips. It seems like the degradation is going slower than what I have seen with BJD. Curious if I should take it out of the tank.

Any advice would be appreciated. Pics attached but if you need anymore information to provide input let me know.

73067765447__B7CE0138-B001-4C87-A3DB-7041FBE84F5A.jpg
73067768266__430B4F0E-1F3E-4519-824C-090E97F7463F.jpg
 
I recently had a hammer do the same. About 4 days from when I noticed something was off until it was nothing but skeleton. How does it smell?
 
I recently had a hammer do the same. About 4 days from when I noticed something was off until it was nothing but skeleton. How does it smell?
No foul or odd smell from what I can tell. The timeline however that you referenced seems about right.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new