Brown Sludge Eating Xenia

  • Thread starter Thread starter Slapp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Slapp

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 3, 2021
Messages
112
Reaction score
80
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Last night everything was perfectly fine.
My GSP finally opened up all the way, my Zoanthids were starting to settle in. And the Xenia was pulsing happily.
Then this.
I come home, brown splotches coat my rocks.
I look and see my favorite of Xenia gone. I heard they move so I peaked around the tank.
Not finding it, I look in the area it was placed, and sunk into a pit was a brown sludge and one or two polyps of my three headed Xenia bush left.
The other two Xenia frags are also closed up, but they don’t have the sludge.
What’s going on! This tank is pretty new, but I used Dr. Tim’s bacteria and ammonia chloride. I even put live sand in. Waited a month and a half? It isn’t even stocked yet with anything but my hermit crab.

AD6EBA64-8168-4435-8615-268DC0AA67F4.jpeg 220472EF-B75F-4206-BA7A-1474A4045319.jpeg 2369D32B-329B-467F-BE47-360771D192F8.jpeg C0F02F74-D504-496A-937A-955BDBB3106E.jpeg
 
Brown Jelly Disease possibly?

Check out some other threads for that here on R2R to maybe help you out with a better ID.. any one else got any ideas?
Alright thanks, the other Xenia don’t seem affected now.
 
Upvote 0
Update:
The affected Xenia and sludge are completely gone. The rock is clear. Either my hermit had a nice snack, or the sludge starved itself. Either way, the remaining Xenia and other corals seem to be doing better than ever when they’re not being sat on by someone.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new