Brown spots on dry rock?!

Dylan7huskies

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2019
Messages
189
Reaction score
55
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is about 3 weeks old and I had to remove the dry rock yesterday for about 5 hours to remove a pesty damsel. When I placed it back in I noticed these brown spots all over the rock? Any ideas what it is? Thanks!

B16C6A98-D6A9-44B1-871C-7ED9A0BBDBA0.jpeg
 
It's good in the sense the tank is maturing. They will pass. Once cycled start adding your CUC. You can tooth brush them off especially if you have a skimmer.
CUC??
 
Looks like your dry rock is becoming live :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new