Brown Spots on my fish

Fishlover653

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everybody, I could use some help figuring out what is going on with my fish. It's an orange shoulder yellow tang that I got on October 28, I put it into a quarantine tank, and it was fine for almost 2 weeks. About 5 days ago it started developing these brown spots and itching itself on the rocks. It eats and swims just fine but it acts kind of hyper, I took the heater out in case that was causing the issue, but still no change. All the levels in the tank are fine and so is the salinity and temp. I googled a bunch of stuff trying to figure out what it could be, some say it could be bacteria, although I don't know how that would have happened since it was fine when I got it. Other sites say that is could be stressed out because the quarantine tank is only 40gal, but I'm afraid to move it into the bigger tank and risk infecting my other fish. Another site said it could be lack of nutrition, I feed it a whole cubes of mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, marine cuisine and pebbles of seaweed extreme 2 times a day.
Anybody have any advice as to what this could be?

IMG_2753.jpeg IMG_2754.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef and sorry for your trouble! While we wait for the #fishmedic the below may help you help them:
The link below gives suggestions (in the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) of what info you can list here to help the experts (#fishmedic ) diagnose the issue:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back