BRS 150 GPD Upgrade Issue

mrsaltwaterguy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2015
Messages
317
Reaction score
71
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased the 150 GPD upgrade for my 6 stage universal a month and a half ago and it seems to be producing much more than 2x the production. My 5 gallon buckets fill in about 15 minutes and now it seems like I already need to replace the filters. I was under the assumption that they should last at least 6 months and I only got the unit in November. I'm getting a reading of 110 TDS out of the 3rd line. Is there a way to reduce the pressure or is this working as intended?
 
Sounds like the pressure is to much. The sediment filter will visibly show dirt. That is when I change them all. I change the DI resin once the output TDS starts to climb
 
I have the BRS 150GPD 6 Stage. It produces 5 gal in just under an hour. Yours sounds like waste water. 15 Min is way to fast.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new