BRS 4stage replacement advice

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at 6mo of owning and running this 4 stage. Question is do my filters look good or should I replace them? Also which one is my di resin filter and how does that look? Thank you for the help and advice!
IMG_3250.jpeg
IMG_3251.jpeg
IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I would replace both filters and the resin. The resin is the canister on the right. I suggest a tds meter as well to check water quality.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So replace both on the left and the one to the rights is the di? Does di come with the color changing resin or no?
Yes.
Also what is the difference between a handheld and inline tds meter besides the price? Is the in-line worth it?
Hand held is fine, I use inline myself. Inline requires that you cut and install within the tubing in the proper spots.

Here are some instructions and where to buy replacements. It is important to flush the carbon block after installation but before running the system.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.

Hand held is fine, I use inline myself. Inline requires that you cut and install within the tubing in the proper spots.

Here are some instructions and where to buy replacements. It is important to flush the carbon block after installation but before running the system.

Appreciate your advice will buy replacements and just a simple handheld. Also congratulations on the partnership with R2R, wish the best for you also love the videos, maybe one about your water making procedures? Love that you keep things simple and cheap like most of us, videos are great!

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at 6mo of owning and running this 4 stage. Question is do my filters look good or should I replace them? Also which one is my di resin filter and how does that look? Thank you for the help and advice!
IMG_3250.jpeg
IMG_3251.jpeg
IMG_3252.jpeg
IMG_3253.jpeg
I just did this, you can buy a kit from brs containing the sediment, carbon filter and di color changing repack. I have the same setup, get another ro membrane to run in parallel to double your output. Mine came with the inline tds which allows monitoring in or output side. Useful to decide when to stop flushing the input side.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate your advice will buy replacements and just a simple handheld. Also congratulations on the partnership with R2R, wish the best for you also love the videos, maybe one about your water making procedures? Love that you keep things simple and cheap like most of us, videos are great!
Thanks! If you have anymore questions, feel free to message me as well. I’m a regular Reefer, and I try to keep things as simple and understandable as possible. I think a water making video is a great idea! I looked and I have to change out my filters too, so thanks for the reminder!

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! If you have anymore questions, feel free to message me as well. I’m a regular Reefer, and I try to keep things as simple and understandable as possible. I think a water making video is a great idea! I looked and I have to change out my filters too, so thanks for the reminder!
Hey I watched your video I have one last question. I have never changed any of my filter and my rodi unit is as it comes from BRS, question is do I have to buy a container to put the resin in? Or do I have a refil container in my rodi unit?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I watched your video I have one last question. I have never changed any of my filter and my rodi unit is as it comes from BRS, question is do I have to buy a container to put the resin in? Or do I have a refil container in my rodi unit?
The canister that has the resin will have another canister inside that holds the resin. At 16:30 in the video, I show the resin changing process.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The canister that has the resin will have another canister inside that holds the resin. At 16:30 in the video, I show the resin changing process.
Ye, but just wasn't 100% sure if it was a refillable one always, ordering my replace filters now and resin! Deciding if I want to do hand held tds or in line still

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ye, but just wasn't 100% sure if it was a refillable one always, ordering my replace filters now and resin! Deciding if I want to do hand held tds or in line still
Yeah, it’s refillable. They do sell them prepacked as well if you want.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back