BRS $65,000 Dream Reef Giveaway!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
2,210
Reaction score
4,206
Location
Minneapolis, MN
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is fun to watch. Great tank stand Neptune gear and who knows what else.
 
I’d rather 6 people get a 10k tank… spread the love around! (and give me a better chance at winning) it is great that they do stuff like this.
Give back to the reefers!
oprah winfrey yes GIF
 
I’d rather 6 people get a 10k tank… spread the love around! (and give me a better chance at winning) it is great that they do stuff like this.
Give back to the reefers!
oprah winfrey yes GIF
$10,000 for a tank??? What are you keeping one freshwater betta in it??? This is saltwater. Go big or go home!!! Jk
 
So far, we've got an epic list going!
✅
Custom Reef Savvy Tank
✅
Custom Chris Benner Stand
✅
Massive list of Neptune Apex Gear

Join us tomorrow (11/16) at 10 AM central time to hear what's being added to this list!

 
Taxes Tax Season GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
 
Man, I’m just hearing about this. Guess it’s too late to enter
 
Man, I’m just hearing about this. Guess it’s too late to enter
All Preferred Reefers were entered (provided they logged in at least once during the year).
 
All Preferred Reefers were entered (provided they logged in at least once during the year).

oh. Well I stand gratefully corrected.

that’s really awesome. Kinda nice being entered in something without having to do a ton of things for entries.

not that I expect to win lol. But still. It’s nice
 
Depends on your state…prize taxes are usually stupid high.

Notice they are calling it a "gift" in th video. I know Ohio doesn't have a gift tax, but there is a federal one.

Federal law allows up to 15k to be given as a gift tax free. After the 15k it is subject to taxes, but the 'giver' typically pays the taxes not the 'giftee'

So maybe BRS is paying that tax for the extra 50k over the limit?

Also not sure how 'gifts' work for business what I referenced above is personal use, so amounts/regulations/taxes maybe different when it's a business giving the 'gift' and not say your rich uncle.
 
Notice they are calling it a "gift" in th video. I know Ohio doesn't have a gift tax, but there is a federal one.

Federal law allows up to 15k to be given as a gift tax free. After the 15k it is subject to taxes, but the 'giver' typically pays the taxes not the 'giftee'

So maybe BRS is paying that tax for the extra 50k over the limit?

Also not sure how 'gifts' work for business what I referenced above is personal use, so amounts/regulations/taxes maybe different when it's a business giving the 'gift' and not say your rich uncle.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...oyed/frequently-asked-questions-on-gift-taxes
I'm by no means a tax person, but here is the link where I got my info.
 
No thanks.

It will probably only be available if your name is Hadleigh, were born on a Tuesday in 1867, and are available to take collection at 4 minutes notice in the middle of the night. Otherwise the prize becomes void.

I know I’m a miserable, ungrateful person so you don’t have to tell me, but I’m done after the last promo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new