BRS $65,000 Dream Reef Giveaway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not saying it is, but it is pretty common for places to do giveaways like this that have sketchy resale value so once the winner realizes the tax bill they have to decline the prize. They get all the publicity for free in the end.
That is actually a common practice on how to pay taxes...that they resale value is actually less that the stated value and the IRS takes lower of cost or market. It will most likely be challenged via a mail audit..but a regular accountant should know how to deal with it. But given BRS said 'dont worry about it', they have it covered. COOL BEANS BRS!!!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a plan for those pesky taxes, so no need to even discuss it. Ryan and Randy will explain more on a future livestream ;) Let's get back to dreaming what it would be like to have this reef in your house! :D
That's even more awesome of you guys to take taxes into consideration.

No if you would just put Neptune gear on sale for me.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull my name and you can save on shipping! I'll have Premier load it up and bring it over! Lets gooooooo!

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for everyone, since I'm at work during the time of these streams and haven't been able to watch -

Is this similar to the last big tank that they gave away, in that you need to be online when they pick your name out of the hat and if you don't answer within a certain amount of time, you lose and it goes to the next in line? Just checking to see if I need to find some way to watch the giveaway stream. =)

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A question for everyone, since I'm at work during the time of these streams and haven't been able to watch -

Is this similar to the last big tank that they gave away, in that you need to be online when they pick your name out of the hat and if you don't answer within a certain amount of time, you lose and it goes to the next in line? Just checking to see if I need to find some way to watch the giveaway stream. =)
They’ve already picked a preferred reefer (who has logged in at least once this year), we’re just waiting for the big reveal.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’ve already picked a preferred reefer (who has logged in at least once this year), we’re just waiting for the big reveal.
Right, but regardless of when they picked this lucky individual - if they're not online during the stream, does it then go to the next person in line if they don't answer within X minutes?

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bulk Reef Supply,

Thanks for the input. This thread was going sideways. This is an incredibly well thought out gift, no matter what. The idea of providing the recipient with options goes way beyond anything else I've see. I can't even imagine being able to tryout Skys, Radions and Kessils all on the same tank, let alone own them.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Just watched part 2 - What a treasure chest

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, but regardless of when they picked this lucky individual - if they're not online during the stream, does it then go to the next person in line if they don't answer within X minutes?

EDIT: Please see post #124 of this thread for an update to how we're going to do this :)

Last edited:

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up with all this "taxes" nonsense. Im ready to go Hollywood and not pay taxes. With a 65k tank you are entitled to the elite status in this country and taxes are optional.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like this better then something you have to enter 15 different ways and blah blah. Very nice.

Just please have someone to help bring it into a house lol :)

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy stuff there all the time, not sure I'm a preferred reefer though. Does it cost extra like Prime or something?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 6.0%
Back