IM 170 SPS Dream!

littlegym

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 10+ years we've decided to get back into the hobby. Many things have changed and lots to relearn. We've read more build threads here than you can imagine. Picking and choosing what all with go into this. Our last purchase on the tank we took down years ago was the "New then" Radions Pros. With many things in mind this time we started dreaming. At first we was just going to get a "small" tank something we could both enjoy. 75 gl. at most. Ha! 170 gl later here we are. Rather than having everything underneath we are making a separate room behind the wall a "fish room" We have grandchildren and dont want them reaching into things or able to touch any chemicals, test kits, etc. Part of the reason we went larger is our love of tangs. Knowing what we would eventually like to house forced this decision.
In the past we had 135 full mixed reef. 125gl Seahorse only tank. 55gl Bangaii Cardinal tank. (We breed Bangaii's)
So here is a list of what we are starting with.

INT 170 Gallon Complete Reef System – White This sump is amazing.
Classic 152-S 6" Internal Protein Skimmer

2x SKY LED Aquarium Light (May have to add 1 more)

2 × (XR719-30) XR30 G5 & G6 Radion Single Arm Tank Mount RMS Kit​

100lb Special Grade Arag-Alive! Reef Sand

600W Titanium Aquarium Heater w/ Helio Controller - Redundancy Bundle
2x Nero 7 Powerhead (4000 GPH)
Marine Master Bluetooth Multiparameter Photometer HI97115
120# ARC REEF STACKER DRY ROCK

RODI system was updated with new filter and media. Started running and filing system to get water ready. Tank was delivered yesterday. Stand was built last night. Waiting for movers to come help with tank Saturday. Hoping to begin filling Sunday.
Here we go. Pic of Hubbys sump. He's in love with it!

Keiths Dream Sump.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 88 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back