BRS CO2 absorbent not changing colors?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MartinM
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2021
Messages
1,288
Reaction score
1,129
Location
Japan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone else had this problem? Using the 3rd to largest Reef Octopus skimmer there is on max, I’ve moved a lot of air through the large BRS CO2 scrubber over about 6 weeks, and it’s still white. My CO2 is atmospheric levels (~4xx PPM) and the air was somewhat recirculated, but I still expected to see at least some color change…? I know it was moving air because I saw a pH bump. I’m not seeing the benefits now so I’m pretty sure it’s exhausted, but why is it still white if so?
 
Mine is bad too, there is a thread here where others are reporting the same issue. Purchased mine three weeks ago.
 
Has anyone else had this problem? Using the 3rd to largest Reef Octopus skimmer there is on max, I’ve moved a lot of air through the large BRS CO2 scrubber over about 6 weeks, and it’s still white. My CO2 is atmospheric levels (~4xx PPM) and the air was somewhat recirculated, but I still expected to see at least some color change…? I know it was moving air because I saw a pH bump. I’m not seeing the benefits now so I’m pretty sure it’s exhausted, but why is it still white if so?
It's the same for me. Color never changes. After 5 or 6 weeks my ph drops and I change it out.
 
I have used this before. It only lasted for a week tops. The color only changes for a day or so, and then goes back to white.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new