BRS dispensing pump leeching rust?

noobreefer2

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2020
Messages
644
Reaction score
292
Location
Boston, MA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6288.jpeg

IMG_6287.jpeg

I had this BRS dispensing pump in calcium chloride for a few years, and I just noticed it was pumping out brown water and bits of rusted metal. I took it apart and realized the spring had rusted. Is this normal? Do I have to replace it? Can I still use it to dose?

Thanks
 
For anyone following: they said I could get a new one for free if it was under warranty within two years, which it was not. They said it is not expected, but still kinda frustrating this happened. I guess it's just something you have to replace every few years. :)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new