Maxspect Gyre Assembly

  • Thread starter Thread starter jjvanb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jjvanb

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
20
Location
West Palm Beach, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I recently received a replacement impeller for my XF350 Cloud Edition Gyre. The previous one had split and rusted, and after calling BRS the tech support person quickly sent me a new impeller. Thank You. After reassembling the impeller and inserting the new bushing, I noticed there is a small amount of resistance to the turning of the impeller. Is this normal? I put the pump back on my aquarium, and it appears to be functioning normally, so.. I just wanted to make sure I haven't made a mistake and won't be causing any damage.

Thank You
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new