BRS doser dumb question

  • Thread starter Thread starter zbrusko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zbrusko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2023
Messages
468
Reaction score
255
Location
CT
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just got a new BRS 1.1 doser. It comes with two different tubes. One is the clear silicone I expected. The other is firmer translucent white plastic. Does it matter which I use?
 
You should have a piece that is 17 inches long..
 
The silicone tube is 78”. The plastic one is longer.
 
So it’s simply a matter of preference? Why 17”? Is that the max length?
 
The silicone tube is 78”. The plastic one is longer.
78" weird. BRS website says there is a 17 inch dosing tube. Silicone one is more likely for the doser. Dosing supplements would be the harder one.
 
Maybe I’ll just email BRS. Saw them at Reefapalooza today, but this arrived literally while I was there. If it came Friday I could have asked in person!
 
Maybe I’ll just email BRS. Saw them at Reefapalooza today, but this arrived literally while I was there. If it came Friday I could have asked in person!
Yes. If you want to use the tubing they gave then you should just emailed them.
 
I plan to use it for AFR
Is the silicone one clear or close to a sand color?
20260606_214239_72FDB671-440E-449C-9F9B-2DB571ED82CA.png
 
Ok. Now i inderstamd better. I you can use either one. I personally like the silicone tubing. I tried that hard clear plastic, i dont like the hard clear plastic..
 
Neither of those look like silicon tubing. One is RO tubing the other is soft vinyl tubing.

The clear soft vinyl is going to be easier to work with but will kink easier around corners.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new