• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS, How much lower can they go

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

jacksin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't care where this belongs. Told my kids last year that I no longer wanted gift cards from BRS, get them somewhere else. Trying to use up a couple that I already have.
placed an order and gift card wouldn't go thru. Said it had been used. Looked thru all my orders from date on gift card and it had not been used. Called BRS they checked and changed the card to valid, so I placed an order and used it. Now if I look back at my passed orders the gift card numbers have been removed. So u can no longer verify if a card has been used or not. All it says under the order is Gift card used and no longer lists the specific numbers from that gift card. I've always written on the gift cards as Ive used them to keep track but liked to verify under old orders as well. Thankfully this was my last card and will be my last order with them. Sucks as I've had many positive experiences in the past
How much lower can they go!!

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fully expect the buyout by the capital group of BRS, Neptune and Ecotech will be the decline/downfall much like when Petco bought out Live Aquaria. I still order from BRS occasionally, but they have outsourced customer support to some 3rd party company, raised shipping prices and despite being in Wisconsin charging everyone sales tax. Not to mention you will never find any of the conglomerate brands on sale. I would not doubt they end up becoming a monopoly on those products. I ordered frozen food from them twice recently and the company in MO that now ships it for them screwed up both times. For BRS don't count on getting stuff shipped same day anymore and once recently not even next day. BRS used to be a great company (I have spent thousands in the past) and they have contributed a lot to the hobby, but I do see the decline with the new corporate masters only interested in maximum profit. Lately I try to order from saltwateraquarium.com or Champion, both in PA that don't charge sales tax coming to FL. I don't care about tax on small orders so much but when ordering big ticket items, I do.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I fully expect the buyout by the capital group of BRS, Neptune and Ecotech will be the decline/downfall much like when Petco bought out Live Aquaria. I still order from BRS occasionally, but they have outsourced customer support to some 3rd party company, raised shipping prices and despite being in Wisconsin charging everyone sales tax. Not to mention you will never find any of the conglomerate brands on sale. I would not doubt they end up becoming a monopoly on those products. I ordered frozen food from them twice recently and the company in MO that now ships it for them screwed up both times. For BRS don't count on getting stuff shipped same day anymore and once recently not even next day. BRS used to be a great company (I have spent thousands in the past) and they have contributed a lot to the hobby, but I do see the decline with the new corporate masters only interested in maximum profit. Lately I try to order from saltwateraquarium.com or Champion, both in PA that don't charge sales tax coming to FL. I don't care about tax on small orders so much but when ordering big ticket items, I do.

They haven’t sourced customer service out lol

They aren’t in Wisconsin and never have been

They didn’t just raise shipping for fun. UPS shipping has gone through the roof and it got even worse after the deal with the union. FedEx and USPS also raised their rates recently. Welcome to $5 a gallon gasoline.

The food company is a third party that ships direct, it’s not BRS shipping or under BRS control.

They charge tax because they HAVE TO by law. This isn’t a choice. Any company not charging you tax means they don’t do enough volume in your state to be required to charge tax. Tells you how little business they do in reality.

Neptune, Ecotech, and AI were never on sale before the merger. Once or twice a year maximum. Since the merger, they’ve been on sale more than ever.

Don’t let those pesky facts get in the way though

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back