BRS hybrid dosing and Randy's High PH formula

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy, Brs just released a video detailing the addition of Tropic Marins K and A trace elements that is combined with their Soda Ash and Calcium chloride to make a complete solution.

Question 1. Can this even work with the NaoH alkalinity mix?

Question 2. A friend uses Seachem Reef Fusion. Do you happen to know if ut might work for that as well? I dont think it uses straight Soda Ash.

kaceyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy, Brs just released a video detailing the addition of Tropic Marins K and A trace elements that is combined with their Soda Ash and Calcium chloride to make a complete solution.

Question 2. A friend uses Seachem Reef Fusion. Do you happen to know if ut might work for that as well? I dont think it uses straight Soda Ash.

I just watched that BRS video this morning. May watch it again tomorrow morning. Very interesting! I had just bought the Tropic Marin part c for adding trace elements, then found out it can't be used that way. But it's not a waisted purchase. As explained in the video it can and should be used along with TM's A & K trace elements and BRS 2 part. Gonna give that a try as my tank is now nearing the 2 yr mark and undoubtedly has excess sodium chloride etc.
Check it out.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They can all be used "with" it.

I would not add the K trace elements "into" the hydroxide part (or a carbonate part, for that matter), for fear of precipitating them as oxides and hydroxides. maybe Tropic Marin has chelated them, but i am not sure.

The A- elements should be OK in either part, I think.

Same comments relate to Reef Fusion and any two part.

OP
OP
Maximitsurugi

Maximitsurugi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can all be used "with" it.

I would not add the K trace elements "into" the hydroxide part (or a carbonate part, for that matter), for fear of precipitating them as oxides and hydroxides. maybe Tropic Marin has chelated them, but i am not sure.

The A- elements should be OK in either part, I think.

Same comments relate to Reef Fusion and any two part.

If we do attempt it, what should we look out for if its chelated or not. Meaning, if its not chelated then it will simply fall out of solution or precipitate? I already bought it which is why i ask. Lol

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we do attempt it, what should we look out for if its chelated or not. Meaning, if its not chelated then it will simply fall out of solution or precipitate? I already bought it which is why i ask. Lol

Yes, precipitating iron, for example.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just watched this video as well, any benefit to just dosing Tropic Marin K and A into my 2 part but not part C? I really dont have room in my sump for another doser or an outlet for another timer....lol. Or can I dose Part C weekly like I do magnesium?

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back