OP
OP
Fizzicks

Fizzicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, Got 7.5 pounds of non color changing DI resin from BRS, Now im back at 0 TDS water!

Thanks again for everyones collective knowledge and quick replies!

Case Closed.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, Got 7.5 pounds of non color changing DI resin from BRS, Now im back at 0 TDS water!

Thanks again for everyones collective knowledge and quick replies!

Case Closed.
With as high as your tap water TDS is I would recommend getting a 99% rejection membrane (or even dual membrane) because 25TDS into the resin will exhaust it extremely quickly and you will be spending a lot more money on resin than it would cost for the membrane. A 99% rejection should bring you down to <10 into the DI which will double or possibly triple the lifespan of the resin.

OP
OP
Fizzicks

Fizzicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/75-gpd-reverse-osmosis-membrane-dow-filmtec.html

This is the only one I could find on BRS, and its the current one I have. Its supposed to run at 96-99%

Im not sure how modular my BRS brand unit is, Do you have a suggestion for a better membrane?

I may just be unlucky that my source water is 700+ TDS(Glad I got the flush kit) here in NV. The dry climate also facilitates alot of Evaporation. Furthering my use and exhaustion of DI resin. I may just have to buy the stuff in bulk!

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is the only one I could find on BRS, and its the current one I have. Its supposed to run at 96-99%

Im not sure how modular my BRS brand unit is, Do you have a suggestion for a better membrane?

I may just be unlucky that my source water is 700+ TDS(Glad I got the flush kit) here in NV. The dry climate also facilitates alot of Evaporation. Furthering my use and exhaustion of DI resin. I may just have to buy the stuff in bulk!

Your membrane is most like made by DOW Filmtec if it came from BRS and is either 75gpd or 100gpd. Those are the best membranes available.

It's just really bad luck to have tds that high. Was this a general area statement by the water company, your house in particular, or did you send in a sample. Sometimes Home Depot has free water testing that you mail away for free right near the exit doors. At least mine does.

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

DOW Filmtec are not the best membranes available just so you know.

This one has a 99% standard rejection rate and is rated at 98% minimum while your DOW is rated at 96% minimum. https://www.marinedepot.com/Spectra...strictor-SpectraPure-SP40030-FIRORPRO-vi.html

All membranes/resins are industry standard sizes

ChrisOFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I'm not sure what size prefilters you are using but I recommend a 1 micron sediment and 0.5 micron carbon block. They do not "clog" faster which is a big misconception and you actually will get more gallons out of a smaller micron carbon block. Better prefilters will maker your RO membrane more effective and last longer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back