• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS Sent me Broken Stuff (and not even what i ordered)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Skimz Macroalgae reactor on the 27th of last month from BRS. I have heard nothing but the best things about BRS, and they're team. I have been following the youtube channel religiously for quite some time now. I recieved my package today. It was not only the wrong thing, an overflow box, but it arrive smashed to pieces. I am so unbelievably disappointed. I understand they more than likely had tens of thousands of orders on black friday. Does anyone know if customer service is going to rectify this? Am I going to have to pay for return shipping?

Edit: I want to clarify I'm not bashing brs, and that's not what this post was for! I just wanted to ask the community if they think that the customer service team will make it right. Like I said above I have heard absolutely nothing but the best things about brs, and I'm a HUGE HUGE fan of them. I think that is probably why it disappointed me so much.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME, their customer service is top notch. Before you write them off, perhaps you should give them a chance to make it right?
I will 100% give them the opportunity to rectify the situation. Maybe I'm just extremely upset and overreacting because this is the second time this week I have recieved the wrong broken product in the mail. Not just from BRS, so I shouldn't take it out on them. I have heard their customer service is fantastic. I'm just extremely disappointed this week with my service from a few different companies. I ordered performance brakes for my car, they immediately withdrew the money and still have yet to send me a receipt. I ordered an intercooler and intake kit for my cadillac with two day shipping and they have yet to even send it out. It's been almost 2 weeks. I agree I am being hasty writing them off. I'm just so unbelievably disappointed.

OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will be taken care of. Hate to see you stress. Can definitely understand the disappointment and aggravation, but let’s see what they say Monday. Don’t let it ruin your weekend. They have alway come thru for me, and a lot of others.
Like I said in my reply to billdogg, I am just really disappointed by it. I do believe theyll rectify it and make amends for the oversight, and I'm not bashing or denouncing brs, because I know for a fact they are on of, if not the best place to order your reef supplies from. And i am such a big fan, i think that's why I'm so let down. I have spoken so highly of them. I have had every one of my family members that I've gotten to start reefing order from them. Before I ever even made enough money to own my own reef. I will give it time and try not to be bothered by it this weekend, but it was just a cherry on top of an already awful tasting cake of a week. This week has not been one I'd like to remember.

OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 2 Powerheads from them recently, they were packed in the same box, but one was larger than the other. The smaller pump was allowed to move freely in the box and was damaged during delivery. I opened the box to make sure the pump was not damaged. It was not but ultimately I decided to return it.

I explained the situation with the damage done to the box during shipping. They still charged me a restocking fee to return it because I had opened the damaged box... while I’ve not had issues with them, this situation could’ve been handled better.
The crazy thing is the box is not damaged at all. The overflow they send me is smashed up real good though. I'm not even sure how that happens.

Attachments

• 16072036958812052313658391495579.jpg
    16072036958812052313658391495579.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 16072037583744122596393486472681.jpg
    16072037583744122596393486472681.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 16072037752388837791770819657295.jpg
    16072037752388837791770819657295.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping anything on Purpose would be out of the question as it would be a waste of time/packing/postage
Their volume as you can imagine is at its' highest this time of the year. Im sure it was an honest mistake in which if you bring to their intention will be resolved amicably.
take a couple of picks of contents in case they'd like it emailed to them.
I did just to be a respectful customer. I always do when I want to return anything just so I know I'm doing the most I can and not just being a "karen". I didnt even take the plastic off of it.

OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to remind everyone viewing this thread that this is NOT! I repeat. NOT! A thread of me (OP) bashing on brs. I have never been the kind of person to hold a grudge, or try to throw rubbish at someone's well respected business. I just wanted to know if the community has had experience with the same thing, and whether or not customer support has rectified the situation. seeing as I know every one of us uses them for our supplies. Please dont take offense to this, i edited the main body of the thread because i do feel like i was being harsh in the heat of my frustration. I am just disappointed. And i think i am entitled to be at least that. Tha k you for any advice given to me from my fellow community members. I look forward to hearing back from them to see what they can do for me.

Edit: to clarify further, I also ordered two ai primes, a kalkwasser stirrer, I full hard plumbing setup, c02 scrubber, carbon and gfo combo reactor, and another ai nero 3 powerhead from them. That probably added to my worry and frustration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoever got your shipment instead is probably a happy camper. No worries whatsoever, I'm confident you will get taken care of on Monday.
Hahaha, I bet if there is a recipient who recieved the macro algae reactor they are probably happy as a clam. I hope they still have one to send to me because they are no longer selling them. I'm worried they wont have one and I cant afford a 500 dollar reactor right now :( I got it for the discount 50% off price. I was so lucky and so excited for it. I went and bought a clump of chaeto from my lfs.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Outside comments have been removed from this thread per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution. If other members would like to contribute their experience with either the buyer or seller, they may do so by posting a link to their own feedback thread (this is the only type of outside comment that is allowed in this feedback thread). If you have any questions, feel free to message me or another staff member. Happy reefing!

Daniel
Team R2R

OP
OP
Big Bosha

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS did in fact contact me and get the issue resolved today, it wasnt exactly what I'd hoped, but the situation was handled in a manor i can only appreciate. The product that was supposed to be shipped to me was, in fact, out of stock, and unfortunately the company is no longer in business. So I was left with just a refund. However! They did give me 20 dollars in rewards to use on the BRS store which was honestly unexpected, and more than made up for it. I am sad that I will not be receiving a chaeto reactor, probably not for a long time now because the next option is more than double the price, which isnt attainable for me right now. It is also out of stock. But the team, specifically brad, was kind and prompt, and did what he could to help me with the issue. Already ordered more things from brs, and I'm much more confident in the team there. Thank you to BRS for solving the issue.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back