BRS Soda Ash and Calcium Question

Sdoutreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2013
Messages
1,173
Reaction score
453
Location
Idaho
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question on the BRS 2-part… is there a quick way to figure out how much 1ml of the soda ash and calcium chloride will raise ppm/gallon? Trying to decide how much I should be dosing.

Thanks!
 
Thank you!!

Leads me to another question…
I’m used to dosing AFR all at once. That BRS calculator says to not dose all soda ash at one time. If I know my daily consumption is around 0.8dkh, and need to dose 20ml, do I spread that out through the entire day? Or should I target the morning when lights are off?
With soda ash, it’s best to spread it out and dose it slowly in a high flow area because it boosts pH.

Dosing it at one shot will temporarily make the pH too high.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new