BRS team i have a huge request

chs724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all let me say that your investigation and educational videos are very important for the entire reefing community. so thx a lot for that and keep up the good and important work.

So i really have a gigantic request to you guys. you have investigated every light possible on the market even blackboxes. now i think that many people especially in europe aslo run fluval lights such as the fluval nano sea 20w and there is barely any sources on par readings besides the one from the manufacturer themselves which seem totaly off to be honest. i searched the web up and down and there is only one guy i found who posted his par readings but the outcome is strange with no PAR on the purple channel and similair.

i live in a country where par meters are barely seen and absolutely not available for rent. i also think that fluval is a known brand and worth investigating. So pls pls pls if you read this could you do a Randy investigates on a Fluval Sea Nano 20w so we finally know whats up and the guessing comes to an end. If BRS doesnt read this maybe someone in the community who knows them could tell them. I think they would do the entire nano community a big favour. maybe they could do a nano light searies also including other nano lights which mighty be worth an episode?

PLS PLS PLS.
Regards Chris

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had an idea that i chatted with Ryan Batcheller about.....Video ideas are planned out at least a year or more in advance.

There's an entire Production team that spend months planning out these videos. And they only have so many slots pre-planned.

Many show ideas never make the final cut.

Its not like they can say, "that's a good suggestion, grab the camera and we'll film this suggestion this afternoon "

If they do bite of your request, probably wouldn't see anything to your liking until 2022/2023 at the earliest

Just being real with ya....

Last edited:

N.Sreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First of all let me say that your investigation and educational videos are very important for the entire reefing community. so thx a lot for that and keep up the good and important work.

So i really have a gigantic request to you guys. you have investigated every light possible on the market even blackboxes. now i think that many people especially in europe aslo run fluval lights such as the fluval nano sea 20w and there is barely any sources on par readings besides the one from the manufacturer themselves which seem totaly off to be honest. i searched the web up and down and there is only one guy i found who posted his par readings but the outcome is strange with no PAR on the purple channel and similair.

i live in a country where par meters are barely seen and absolutely not available for rent. i also think that fluval is a known brand and worth investigating. So pls pls pls if you read this could you do a Randy investigates on a Fluval Sea Nano 20w so we finally know whats up and the guessing comes to an end. If BRS doesnt read this maybe someone in the community who knows them could tell them. I think they would do the entire nano community a big favour. maybe they could do a nano light searies also including other nano lights which mighty be worth an episode?

PLS PLS PLS.
Regards Chris
Could you find a seneye online that ships to the country you live in? It has a par meter and they're very affordable.

OP
OP
chs724

chs724

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you find a seneye online that ships to the country you live in? It has a par meter and they're very affordable.
Yea I was considering the same thing. Seneye inclusing shipping would net me around 160 Euro minimum which seems rather uneconomic for a 110 Euro light. I also think there are many out there who would be interested to know.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PLS PLS PLS.
Regards Chris

Hey Chris,
It's humbling to know that you hold our videos in such high regard. While I'll never say never, it's unlikely that you'll see a video on this particular light from us. With limited resources, we try to help as many of our customers be successful with the products that they've purchased from us as we possibly can. To that end, the lights that you see in our videos (the black box video being an exception to the rule) will cover lights that we stock.

Maybe there is someone in the community who has this light and has access to a par meter that can shed some light on the information you're looking for. As others have mentioned, the Seneye has a built-in par meter that is surprisingly accurate given the relatively low price. I'd consider spending the money on one to be cheap insurance to ensure that you're providing optimal conditions for your current or future corals.

Back