OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a iPad2 video of the tank from the side. There are a TON of small snails that hang out in the front next to the glass, and then they all race towards the top after the lights go off, haha. Still not very happy with the looks of the tank, but I"m focusing on the fish rather than the tank and rock.

[video=youtube;zmdJCjBt8jU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmdJCjBt8jU[/video]

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, it really pays to be 15 min from the UPS World Hub :) I got my package from PIA at 7:49AM this morning.

Both fish are swimming around while floating, and both the male Eightline flasher and Jewel Leopard wrasse look awesome.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a sneak peak :)

2012-05-18_08-16-18_714.jpg

2012-05-18_08-24-13_841.jpg

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet new tank mates...they look awesome!! Congrats!!

awesome wrasses man. :)

Nice pick up! Great selesction of fish in there.

Thanks guys. The Eightline flasher is stunning, deep yet bright reds and is already eating. Much better progress already compared to the last male I got in.

Can't find the leopard, I'm assuming he found the sand in the QT tank and is hiding out. Kevin shipped him in a large bag with sand in the bottom, which I was impressed with.

Here is a picture of the sand I put in....kinda funny but I'm hoping it'll work though :)

2012-05-18_08-11-18_113.jpg

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice additions, Brian!

Love that Jewel Leopard! The sand in the plastic container will work just fine, it just may take a day or so for him to figure it out. We had to do this for our male M. bipartitus for 7 months while we waited for our replacement tank. I would occasionally have to pull the container out to add more sand and he'd get really antsy until I put it back in, LOL.

-Terry

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Terry. I'm excited to have them both, especially the male Eightline, as I've been disappointed since that whole debacle when we all bought them and mine died from ich.

These guys will stay in the QT for at least 3-4 weeks and then they'll become the first wrasses in the "revived" tank, haha. Still need to do some cleaning in the tank, but since the rock swapout, its much better. Almost no cyano at all, but I've recently spotted a bit of diatoms on the rocks lately, likely from a semi-cycle from replacing all the rock.

I do see pods in the overflows again, so I was glad to see some life coming from that rock :)

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish are doing well, and the Jewel Leopard is definitely using the sand already, haha. I saw his mouth poking up out of it this morning, but he's out and about swimming around the QT. The new additions are eating well, even the leopard wrasse. I'm extremelly happy with these fish that PIA sent, they are hardly shy at all and are beautiful.

Haddonis Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking fish! I my self have been on a wrasse kick! Picked up a cool ear muff wrasse from gonzo! It also is not shy at all!

Haddonis Reef

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking fish! I my self have been on a wrasse kick! Picked up a cool ear muff wrasse from gonzo! It also is not shy at all!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I have an Eightline flasher in quarantine as well, can't wait to get them in the big tank :)

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking leopard wrasse and those 8line wrasses are sweet. I'll be adding one also

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bige. I love him, he's doing great so far, and his internal clock seems to be coming around to my time zone finally, as he was up at past 9pm last night.

Today makes three weeks in the QT for these fish......Did a 25 gal water change in the QT tank and started a treatment of PraziPro to make sure these guys are health and pest free. After a week of PraziPro, pending no visible issues, I'll be putting these guys into the display when I get back from traveling next week. REALLY looking forward to having these guys swimming in the big tank :)

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear the fish are doing well, Brian, and that leopard is gorgeous!

-Terry

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back