Bryopsis algea

Paulsheehan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, ive used flucazanole or bryopsis buster for 18 days now, the algae is slowly dying, but at the same time some new bryopsis seems to be growing, can this happen? Do any of you have advice for me

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had to do it 4 times and it’s always visually gone within the first 6 days or so, and have never seen it regrowing when treating, are you sure it’s bryopsys growing? I removed the meds from that last treatment (4th treatment in a year) over 3 months ago and I am starting to see a little pop up gonna probably do another mom that long treatment again soon as every time it comes back it’s in less places than before and this time took longer to show back up and in only a couple places. Maybe the 5th time is the charm. Good news is it doesn’t effect any of my corals and I have a highly stocked reef with all kinds of corals, a lot of them being acros.

Pete Luna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're not changing water correct, and you dosed 1 tablet per 10 gallons?

The 1 tablet per 10 gallon needs to be true volume, don't subtract for rock and need to include sump volume.

OP
OP
Paulsheehan

Paulsheehan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had to do it 4 times and it’s always visually gone within the first 6 days or so, and have never seen it regrowing when treating, are you sure it’s bryopsys growing? I removed the meds from that last treatment (4th treatment in a year) over 3 months ago and I am starting to see a little pop up gonna probably do another mom that long treatment again soon as every time it comes back it’s in less places than before and this time took longer to show back up and in only a couple places. Maybe the 5th time is the charm. Good news is it doesn’t effect any of my corals and I have a highly stocked reef with all kinds of corals, a lot of them being acros.
How long do you turn the skimmer off for? Or remove the cup, i was told to only do it for 3 days

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After the 1st time, the last 3 times I cut
How long do you turn the skimmer off for? Or remove the cup, i was told to only do it for 3 days
The last 3 times I only remove the skimmer cup for the 1st 24 hours. And remove the carbon for 1 month. I think the next time I'm gonna leave the carbon out for 2 months and do a 2 month treatment as long as I dont see any negative effects on the corals. Just an fyi only time outta 4 I treated with fluconzole and had bad reactions from the corals(the montis and acros) was the 1st time when I did it according to the directions in the op's post and used the full dose and had the skimmer cup off for however long it said and treated for the amount of time suggested.
Since then I use half the dose, visible signs of bryopsys are gone in less than a week and i keep it medicated for 30 days. Really if all i have to do is treat for it every 3 or 4 months I'm fine with that since it doesn't effect any of my livestock.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 82.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back