bryopsis is killing my chaeto

924er

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys

I started a chaeto refugium 3 months ago and its been growing pretty well, but Unfortunately now I have bropsis growing not only inside the refugium but actually around the chaeto itself which is starving it from light. The chaeto is now turning white and breaking apart. My display tank has no bropsis. I am running an LPS dominant 40 gallon dosing all for reef. The tank set up with no water change, in fact I have never done a water change. I am pending an ICP test.

my options-

1) toss the chaeto completly and run a skimmer and/or carbon dosing to control nutrients
2) Treat with fluconazole

any other suggestions?

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello guys

I started a chaeto refugium 3 months ago and its been growing pretty well, but Unfortunately now I have bropsis growing not only inside the refugium but actually around the chaeto itself which is starving it from light. The chaeto is now turning white and breaking apart. My display tank has no bropsis. I am running an LPS dominant 40 gallon dosing all for reef. The tank set up with no water change, in fact I have never done a water change. I am pending an ICP test.

my options-

1) toss the chaeto completly and run a skimmer and/or carbon dosing to control nutrients
2) Treat with fluconazole

any other suggestions?
First - the bryopsis will do the same thing as Chaeto - the problem being - you don't want bryopsis (or cheato) in your main tank. If I were you if you can figure out how the bryopsis got in there in the first place - I would toss it all

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back