Bryopsis or Dino?

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got quite a bit of it on rocks and sand. I thought bryopsis so I treated a few days ago with fluconazole. I haven't seen results yet but it's still early. I don't think it looks like GHA but I'm new to the hobby, so I'm not confident either way.
20240217_124746.jpg

OP
OP
D

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t rush to fix issues. Let stuff stabilize. Even bryopsis is not as bad as people say also that is GHA Does not look like bryopsis to me.
Well in either case the fluconazole will remedy, I guess. I didn't think gha because it's so brown and I saw some feathery looking strands. Tank's been up for about 3 months and this stuff grows quickly. It's covering a lot of rocks. I have a solid crew of snails that help beat it back but they can't keep up.

Bulldawg Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gha not bryopsis. Looks like you might have some diatom on the rock as well. Live phytoplankton, diatom based species can help clear that up quickly!

Ryan Kindle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bryposis bad for a bit, was constantly brushing and pulling it off. Got a blue hippo and a foxface and now i havent seen it at all lol. Big piggies

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had very good results using fluconozole to treat GHA but it took an extended period of time to show results. I did three treatments over the course of six weeks. I also only used 20% of the recommended dose. I had massive amounts of GHA at the start, now I have almost no algae whatsoever other then very thin small patches here and there.

I also added a Lawnmower Blenny during week 5. After a few days his stomach was bulging. My rockwork is almost spotless now. I am now afraid my CUC does not have enough to eat!

OP
OP
D

Dive Cowboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had very good results using fluconozole to treat GHA but it took an extended period of time to show results. I did three treatments over the course of six weeks. I also only used 20% of the recommended dose. I had massive amounts of GHA at the start, now I have almost no algae whatsoever other then very thin small patches here and there.

I also added a Lawnmower Blenny during week 5. After a few days his stomach was bulging. My rockwork is almost spotless now. I am now afraid my CUC does not have enough to eat!
That's good to know. I suppose it took you so long because you were doing 20% of the dose. My LFS actually suggested to treat for about 10% more water than I actually have.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back