OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light green stuff looks like gha, my Tangs didn’t like the stuff. The Dark Green looks like Byropsis, my Tangs will eat that, and keep it under control. The gha will grow over Byropsis, and smother it. I purchased Fluconazole, fellow Reefer Suggestion Vodka Dosing instead for the gha, since the Fluconazole, would kill off my desirable Macros. The Vodka is working great, I’m on my 70th day, and I’m up to 5.0ml per day, on my gradual increase.
Thankfully the flux hasn’t hurt my chaeto yet. Growing like crazy!!! I’m sure from dieoff. One of my acros just started bleaching a bit today☹ bummer. Thinking about throwing in some carbon and getting a water change ready. Just so frustrated with this stuff. If I knew for sure it was just gha will definitely go a different route as my Bryopsis is not a bad matter yet, almost gone from the flux now too. Tough choice cus I’m already in it 5 days but if I already have 1 going…. May have to pull the plug on the flux.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Chart that was suggested. He told me to use the Next Size tank down, so for my 65 gallon, I’d follow the 50 gallon chart. Also if I missed a dose, not to double up on the next day dose. I use an Infant, oral medicine Syringe to measure and dose the Vodka.
143B3C0E-6BDA-4E7F-8582-303CFDE5DA88.jpeg

OP
OP
K

kweigum

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the Chart that was suggested. He told me to use the Next Size tank down, so for my 65 gallon, I’d follow the 50 gallon chart. Also if I missed a dose, not to double up on the next day dose. I use an Infant, oral medicine Syringe to measure and dose the Vodka.
143B3C0E-6BDA-4E7F-8582-303CFDE5DA88.jpeg
You know how that will react with Fluconazole? I am currently mixing some salt and threw the carbon back in. Don’t want to lose any more coral. Think I will give that a shot in a few weeks once everything has a break from this treatment I am trying. Now that I got all my calc and mag back where they’re supposed to be hoping to see an increase in uptake of nutrients too. I know my alk consumption has went up the last few days and that’s kind of weird considering most people had a different effect when using flux. Thank you for the chart. About went searching for that last week!

Z Burn's Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kweigum can you provide an update on this thread and what ended up happening? I too have the light green stuff growing as of recent. It doesn't look like classic leafy bryopsis but also looks too tuff to be green hair algae. Did you end up figuring out what it was and more importantly how did you remedy the issue? Thanks!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back