Bta and occy clowns

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I put a post up a few days ago when I got my first nem, it's doing absolutely fantastic, has all its bulbs, and only moved an inch to the left of where I put it and wanted it to be.

I know it takes time for clowns to possibly host nems, but my feamale keeps sitting underneath the tenticals if that makes sense? It's like she's checking it out but scared to go in. She occasionally touches the tenticals with her tail fin. She hasn't explored in to it yet and the male doesn't seem interested but if she goes in he will too. I'm just wondering if because she's getting closer to it each day, and swimming at the fleshy side of it is there a strong possibility she will host? They are tank bred clowns about 1.5-2 years old so still young, she does seem interested in what's in her territory tho

dominion813

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will do that they will build up a mucus coat on them slowley over time I have a all clown harem with a bunch of anemones in with them and all my clowns host so b patient the clown will eventually make her way in clowns are funny like that hope this helps

OP
OP
B

BigTomo003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns will do that they will build up a mucus coat on them slowley over time I have a all clown harem with a bunch of anemones in with them and all my clowns host so b patient the clown will eventually make her way in clowns are funny like that hope this helps
Thanks, ye she just lightly touches it every so often, I haven't seen her "taste" it yet.

Hopefully in the next month or so they take a tumble in instead of hosting in the back corner behind a rock!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back