BTA anemone stuck under rock

  • Thread starter Thread starter CanDo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

CanDo

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 23, 2020
Messages
39
Reaction score
33
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics attached.

New addition to the tank. Adult clown has never seen one before and is destroying him. It creeped itself under a little arch.. think he's good or should I call the rescue squad ?

20220726_123919.jpg 20220725_163428.jpg
 
Leave him be :face-with-tears-of-joy: Looks happy and unless the rock fell on him, it will be able to unstick itself if it wants to. BTAs like to anchor into deep crevices so that may be what it is trying to do.
 
Agreed. The nems I've introduced go through a week or 2 of kind of feelings things out. Unless dying don't ever go in after them.
 
Great, thanks guys. I fed the tank well before I introduced it. How long should I wait to feed the tank again? 48hrs?
 
Great, thanks guys. I fed the tank well before I introduced it. How long should I wait to feed the tank again? 48hrs?
Anemone don't need food. Just good parameters and lighting. I only feed mine what ever they catch and they're huge.
 
Anemone don't need food. Just good parameters and lighting. I only feed mine what ever they catch and they're huge.
Yup. And how long would you wait to feed, after introducing a new bta?
 
Just fyi, the nem looks mostly bleached, so you may need to feed it a bit more often for a few months. Just give it small amounts of whatever you feed your fish a few times a week until it starts to get its color back.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new